Humanitarian aid temporarily halted in north-eastern position of Borno, where millions suffer from malnourishment, after works injured in attack
The United Nations has temporarily suspended facilitate gives in Nigerias north-eastern position of Borno, the onetime stronghold of jihadists Boko Haram, after a humanitarian entourage was criticized, the UN childrens authority Unicef said on Thursday.
Unicef was indicated in the following statement that unknown assailants affected the entourage on Thursday as it returned to Maiduguri from giving aid in Bama, disabling a Unicef employee and an International Organization for Migration contractor.
The United nations organization has temporarily suspended humanitarian activities operations pending its consideration of its situation, it said.
Nearly a part of a million children in Borno suffer from life-threatening malnourishment and around one in five will die if they do not receive treatment, Unicef stated earlier this month.
Mdecins Sans Frontires said on Wednesday that sternly malnourished children were dying in large numbers in north-east Nigeria, where food supplies are close to running out.
By 2014, Boko Haram limited territory around the size of Belgium in north-east Nigeria until most of it was recaptured last year by the Nigerian horde and troops from neighboring countries.
More than 15,000 people have been killed and at least two million be replaced by Boko Harams revolt in Nigeria. The radical to be undertaken suicide bombings in north-east Nigeria and neighboring Cameroon, Niger and Chad.